Reports of three fatalities and one injured during Wednesday’s gunfire at UNLV

UNLV attack
Spread the love

Carolyn Goodman, the Mayor of Las Vegas, referred to the shooting that occurred today at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, as “a tragic time for us” and stated that the time has come to make changes.

“However, now is the moment to turn this situation into a positive and take action. “We have to make this right away,” Goodman stated.

She stated that she had someone “very close” to her on campus at the time of the shooting, and she expressed her gratitude to law police, first responders, and UNLV security for their prompt response and for making the lockdown “bearable” for students and instructors who were in terror.

“It is a very difficult period, and it is time for us as adults to say something: enough is enough. “Yes, it is sufficient,” Goodman stated. “And it is people filled with anger or not understanding how to handle disappointment in their lives that they become even more hateful and full of anger that they take lives of others.”

The suspect in the incident has also been pronounced dead, according to the Las Vegas police department.

In a post that was published on X at approximately 11:53 a.m., the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) initially reported the event. The post stated, “University Police responding to report of shots fire in BEH evacuate to a safe area, RUN-HIDE-FIGHT.”

There was an update from the school that stated that University Police were “responding to a confirmed active shooter situation in BEH” in a second post that was made at 11:59 a.m. The following is not a test.

At 12:04 p.m., the Las Vegas Police Department stated that officers were responding to preliminary reports of an active shooter on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. People are being advised to stay away from the area because, according to the LVMPD, “it appears that there are multiple victims at this time.”

At around 12:19 p.m., the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) posted another message stating that officials were responding to a second complaint of rounds fired in the student union. A post instructed people to “evacuate the area.”

Adam Garcia, the chief of police at the institution, is quoted as saying that two campus cops engaged the suspect in a gunfight before the suspect was struck and killed.

Earlier, during a press conference, the sheriff of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, Kevin McMahill, stated that they have “no idea on the motive” at this time.

During a press conference held on Wednesday evening, the sheriff stated that an additional victim is now being treated at a nearby hospital and is in stable condition. A total of four further individuals were transported to the hospital for treatment of panic attacks, and two law enforcement personnel were treated for minor injuries.

An individual student who was there on school said to a local ABC station that it appeared as though the police were immediately present on campus.

When the reporter asked him to describe the situation, he responded by saying, “You don’t know what to do.” “You are calling your family and texting your friends with messages like ‘I love you guys’ because he [the shooter] could burst through the door at any moment.”

An earlier ground stop was imposed at the Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas, which is located in close proximity to the school. The authorities cited security concerns as the basis for the ground stop.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *